8 in the knows for the Virgin Convention Goer.
Many future, new, and old gamers have never attended a convention. What should they do?
1. Decide to go to a convention. Large, small, and there are different types of conventions. Gaming in either roleplaying or video, LARPing, Coplay, and more.
2. Pick a convention to attend. Conventions are all over the US at any time.
3. Save gold.
4. Now there are times when adventuring does not need to enough gold in time for ticket purchases…aka payday isn’t soon enough…find out if tickets can be purchased at the door. Many do have this option but tickets may be more gold. There is a discount for some who purchase early and believe in their tickets of glorious convention adventuring.
5. No gold? Find out if you can barter your services as a volunteer for a ticket. Many conventions need help and will trade you time for tickets to get in or to events.
6. Decide to stay nearby, at the convention site, or drive to it. Find out how much parking, hotel, and hidden expenses there might be? The advantage to staying at the hotel within a convention is the glorious gaming non-stop. The disadvantage is the glorious gaming is non-stop.
7. Go alone or with friends. Do not fear the adventure alone. Gamers are some of the friendliest folks in the world. They can be approached by asking a gaming question of query.
8. Document and share your adventure with others. Very rarely you will leave a convention not meeting a new gaming friend. If you do, it was because you were LARPing as a vampire and were invisible. No one will speak to you and ignore you. So do bite someone with a “bite button” now and then. Vampires do need minions.
And…if you are at GENCON 2015. Dwarven Tavern will be there. Share greetings with us, fellow convention goer.