Five Ways to Play Fast.
There are times when you want to run a game fast and furious. There can be many reasons for this. Lots of players gaming at once. Little time to game. Major event that needs to go down before another event. The list is endless. Here are a few ways to speed things up.
1. Large group. Everyone is instructed to roll at once and then their attacks. GM multitasking time. Call off those numbers, hits, and remove guilt from the task. Save your crybaby whining for later.
2. Give each player only enough time to roll. No metagaming or chit-chat. There is death to behold.
3. Set the time for an hour. Game as fast as you can. This works very well for epic events like taking on “the evil red dragon”.
4. Keep the rules simple. KISS (Keep it simple stupid).
5. No, time for discussion from those players who want to challenge the GM. It is Judge Dread time. The GM says it and it is law. Yes, that cone of fire just killed your familiar. Sorry for your luck of having a stupid familiar.
So there is no real reason to not game. You got time. Make it happen. Roll fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.