Article for Dwarven Tavern, www.dwarventavren.net, authored by Dr. Lisa Goins. Dr. Goins is the co-author of "Ideas and newly released “CEO Business Objectives: Health, Wealth, and Success”. Dwarven Tavern is on Facebook, Google +, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
Gaming Showers For New Parents
This happens to all of us at one time or another. The gaming buddy is going to be a parent. Do not dread this moment! This is a change at cultivating a permanent player into the group! Teaching and supporting new players is a duty of new parents and their gaming buddies. Here is what you will need to do!
Every new parent needs the basics.
1. A brand new set of dice. First set may be large and soft as smaller sets cause choking and are not for teething. Yes, those tiny teeth can saw a die in two faster than you can freakout. Then you will have to buy another set of dice.
2. Player’s Handbook. This is for reading to the young child. There is an understanding that players need to know just what the heck is under their bed. “Monster” is just not going to get any tired parent out of bed several times of night. Knowing the challenge rating will certainly get a tried parent out of bed. Not just any monster with a challenge rating can be killed alone or vanish with a glass of water.
3. A light saber. Very new players has problems with the dark. The dark side comes every night when the parent turns off the lights. Players with light sabers can sleep soundly and not turn to the Dark Side.
4. Green milk. Every new and young player needs nutrition. Milk is the most acceptable format for them. Parent players may prefer different types of non-milk forms that vary in percentages of alcohol.
5. Music. Every player must know the basic theme music from the assorted movies and games. A collection provided to the parent will aid the parent into helping the young player recognize every song and theme in the first few tones.
6. Clothing. New players are in great need of everything. Parents will appreciate clothing that covers chest and bottom, as evil is spewed regularly from green milk if gases are not properly released.
7. Cloaking devices. This can range from clothing to blankets to outer wear depending on seasons of the planets the young player is living on.
These are all things that new parents of future gaming players will need. As a buddy of the parents, your skills in helping educate the player is crucial. We all know that there may be a need of this player to balance out the Force one day.